Okay, this is a little different joy-finder. While I’m off the fast-lane, I look for deals everywhere, especially free samples. Even though it doesn’t look like it, I’ve been told I don’t look my age. (So y’all must think I’m about 80, right?)
Anyway, I use a lot of L’Oreal products, so when I saw that they were offering fourteen days of their Triple Power Moisturizer, I jumped at the chance to see if it really would 1) visibly reduce wrinkles, 2) re-firm skin, and 3) smooth my skin’s texture.
Here’s the scoop: every morning and night, I used half of packet after cleaning my face, applying it by smoothing up, of course (every bit helps). So here I am in all my no-makeup glory. If you really want to see a close-up, just click on the photo. (I can’t believe I just posted this!)
The photo on the left is from the first day and the one on the right is from the fourteenth. (I really didn’t try to smile more in the second photo, that’s just the way it came out.) The photos were taken in the same light.
Here’s what you can probably see from these photos:
- Skin is brighter, but less shiny. Shiny skin means dry skin. In other words my skin really is more hydrated.
- Wrinkles in my neck are less pronounced. This surprised me. I’d been using a firming cream recommended by my dermatologist for the last few years. It worked very slowly, but I saw results eventually. When I saw results on those wrinkles after two weeks of using this cream, it floored me.
- Redness in my cheeks faded. Redness is caused by inflammation. If the redness faded, that means the capillaries beneath the surface of the skins were reduced. That was another big surprise.
Things you can’t see from the photos:
- My scar faded. I have a scar on my cheek, near my ear, that faded considerably since using the samples. I scar easily, so I wasn’t expecting that either.
- Thickened skin gone. The skin under my mouth had an orange-peel consistency, which is gone now. Yay, for normal skin!
- Smaller pores. I have large-ish pores on the sides of my nose and bridge of my face. You know what that means: blackheads. Blech! The pores seem smaller to me now.
My verdict: Success! I’m definitely going to look for L’Oreal Revitalift when I go shopping again. Price is always a concern and I don’t know how much it will be, but if I can, I’ll probably get it.
Disclaimer: The samples were free and I agree to post my review after completing the fourteen-day challenge. But my obligations end there. Any opinions or results were strictly my own.